Love One Another

Click here to watch the Campaign Orientation Meeting

In the video you'll hear more about:

  • Goals for St. Leonard parish and school
  • Goals for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
  • The role of volunteers
  • An introduction to our tri-chairs


Below is the January 29 bulletin article from Fr. Dan regarding the Love One Another campaign: 

St. Leonard Catholic Church & School is now officially participatng in the Love One Another Campaign. Back in 2019, Archbishop Listecki announced a Capital Campaign for the entre Archdiocese of Milwaukee called the “Love One Another” (LOA) Campaign. The pandemic of 2020 put those plans on hold, but the campaign planning resumed in 2021. Every parish in the Archdiocese would partcipate in 1 of 3 waves. Wave 1 parishes did the campaign in Winter 2021-22. Wave 2 parishes are doing the campaign right now in Fall of 2022. St. Leonard is in the 3rd wave now, in Winter/Spring of 2023.

The primary focus of this capital campaign will be the most urgent needs of our parish across the next 5 years since this campaign will ask parishioners to make a 5-year pledge. Our parish keeps 60% of the campaign collectons and the Archdiocese keeps the other 40% in order to:

  • Grow our charitable outreach to people in need
  • Support Saint Francis de Sales Seminary and form our current and future priests, deacons, seminarians, and lay ministers
  • Support the education and formation of children

You can see all the details for the Archdiocese’s case statement at this link:

Our parish’s Pastoral Council, Buildings and Grounds Commitee, Finance Council, trustees and staff have been discussing this campaign for several years to identify how we will spend our 60% share of the campaign proceeds. These are the projects that we have identified:

  1. Replace the entire parking lot which is beyond its useful life.
  2. Replace the roof of the gym and the rooftop HVAC units. The gym roof has been leaking for several years and is past its life expectancy.
  3. Refurbish the church pews which are over 40 years old and showing many signs of wear and tear.
  4. Remodel the school bathrooms which stll use the original 1957 plumbing and cause many recurring problems.

The Tri-Chairs of this campaign are parishioners Phil & Mary Dibb, Wes & Donna Niemcek, and Kevin & Shelley Baker. We are also seeking volunteers to assist with the campaign efforts. If you didn’t get a chance to sign up at Mass this weekend, please email me here.

Pledges to this Love One Another Campaign will be payable over 5 years. We ask every parishioner to pray about your best pledge while maintaining regular parish stewardship. Gifs to the LOA Campaign should be over and above regular giving, not in place of it.

There will be a campaign orientation meeting on Monday, February 13 at 7 p.m. in church for anyone who would like to learn more about the details of this campaign. In the coming months, you’ll be learning more about this campaign and how to partcipate in it.

Let us pray for our continued strength and renewed faith as a family, here at St. Leonard Catholic Church & School.