Parents are the primary instructors for their child(ren) in all aspects of life, including Christian Formation. Learning together is a wonderful way to share your faith with your child(ren) which is the most appropriate way to pass on the Catholic Tradition.
A variety of programs are offered through our Christian Formation Office. Different offerings will be available for all ages. Some enrichments may only be appropriate for certain age groups. Please note any enrichments that need a RSVP.
Enrichment Offerings for 2016-17 will be listed as they become available.
None available at this time
Upcoming Events TBD:
None available at this time
• Sunday, October 23rd, 2:00 pm, Grades 6-9, Family Movie - Cutback, Rated PG. A teen struggles with his plans for his life versus what his parents want from him. When tragedy strikes, he must turn to God for guidance. No RSVP's required.
• Tuesday, October 25th, 6:30 pm, Grades 4-9, 'A Walk thru the Mass' with Fr. John Cella. Back by popular demand - Fr. John takes us behind the scenes from the beginning to the end of Mass. Reservations are required and will be taken until the limited seating is filled.
• Tuesday, November 8th, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 4-9, Family Move Night - What If, rated PG. Starring Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) - Ben Walker left behind a life that included a calling to be a minister and a fiance. As a successful business man, fifteen years later, he wakes up in the life he might have had. Find out what happens when God has other plans for us! No RSVP required.
• Wednesday, November 16th, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 4-9, HAWS presentation - God's Creatures and Their Five Freedoms. Chris Erickson from the Humane Animal Welfare Society will speak with a project to benefit HAWS following the talk. No reservation required.
• Sunday, December 4th, 12:00 pm, Grades 4-6, Veggie Tales Food and Fun Family Event - The Little Drummer Boy. Join us for a great movie, awesome food and fun times. Junior Asparagus stars as The Little Drummer Boy, a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon the birth of baby Jesus. Advance reservations required by December 1, 2016.
• THIS ENRICHMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. Tuesday, December 13th, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 6-9, Teen Issues. Muskego Police Officer, Mike Rakers, will speak on things Muskego teens may encounter in the coming years. No reservation required.
• Monday, January 16th, 6:30 pm, Grades 4-9, Family Movie Night - One Hit from Home, this movie is Not Rated. Meet former professional baseball superstar, Jimmy Easton. After an injury ends his career, he heads home to make peace with a life he left behind. Jimmy returns to the world of baseball as a coach of an underachieving college team while dealing with the relationships in his past. No RSVP's required.
• Tuesday, January 31st, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 4-9, 'Stress is God's Way of Strengthening Our Faith' with guest speaker Dr. Janice Jurack, DC. Prolonged, excessive stress is a bad thing for our health - but not all stress is bad. Find out how God can use stress to help us strengthen our faith in our daily lives. No reservation required.
• Tuesday, February 7th, Grades 4-9, Guest speakers: Paul and Jeanie Lewandowski on Helping the Homeless. Join us for a presentation on how we can help the homeless in our community and in our world. After the presentation, help make "plarn" (plastic yarn) out of plastic bags. The plarn will be crocheted into sleeping mats to be given to area shelters. Feel free to bring plastic bags from grocery and area retailers with you - some will be provided here. RSVP's required by February 5, 2017.
• Wednesday, February 22nd, 6:30 pm, Grades 4-9, 'A Walk thru the Mass' with Fr. John Cella. Back by popular demand - Fr. John takes us behind the scenes from the beginning to the end of Mass. Reservations are required and will be taken until the limited seating is filled.
• Tuesday, February 28th, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 6-9, Teen Issues. Muskego Police Officer, Mike Rakers, will speak on things Muskego teens may encounter in the coming years. No reservation required. This Enrichment was originally scheduled on Tuesday, December 13.
• Monday, March 6th, at 7:00 pm in Church, Grades 4-9**, Helping Hands Building Hope. The Hope Center, which serves the needs of people in Waukesha County, will be speaking on their efforts to prevent homelessness. Come learn more about the Hope Center and their services as Ralph Zick, Executive Director, shares how their organization has been helping local families with their basic needs for almost 28 years. Admission is free but consider donating one or some of the following items: deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, Lysol/Clorox wipes, disinfection spray or new underwear of all sizes.
**If attending as an enrichment, regardless of the student age, a parent or responsible adult must attend with the student. NO RSVP’s required.
• Friday, March 24th, 7 pm; Saturday, March 25th, 7 pm; or Sunday, March 26th, 2:30 pm, Grades 4-9, The Song of Mark (off site at Holy Apostles in New Berlin). Another opportunity for an enrichment. 100 plus of Holy Apostles' parishioners will be performing a musical by Marty Haugen (you will see his name as the composer of a number of songs in our blue Gather hymnal). There will not be a sign in sheet at the event. If you attend one of these performances, please email our office stating your child(ren)'s name(s) and which performance was attended. A word to mention - seating is first come first filled so plan accordingly to ensure a seat. Showing up to find the particular performance is at capacity will not fulfill the enrichment requirement. Click on this link for additional information: Song of Mark (pdf)
• Sunday, March 26th, 2:00 pm in Church, Grades 6-9, Character Counts with speaker Bill Johnson. An afternoon with a motivational speaker that will lead parents and teens to converse and give ideas to have a successful life. No reservation required.
• Wednesday, March 29th, 6:30 pm in Church, Grades 4-9, Stevie's Treks Videos. Travel through places we only hear about in the Bible - join Steve Pettit as he visits the Sea of Galilee, Mount Sinai, the Nile River, and MORE! We will be showing two 27 minute episodes of Stevie's Treks: 1) Abraham's Promise and 2) The Miracle of Moses. No reservation required.
• Sunday, April 2nd, 1:00 pm in Gym, Grades 5-9, Stations of the Cross Workout. Grow closer to Christ this Lent by coming to the Stations of the Cross Workout. By experiencing physical fatigue, we can appreciate more personally what Jesus suffered for us in His passion and His death. No reservation required.
• Friday, April 14th, 6:00 pm in Church, Grades 4-9, Stations of the Cross. Join in the parish Stations of the Cross prayer service. No reservation required.